Boiler stove basics
Before we get started there are a few basics that we need to cover:
Some of you may know all the basics already, and may want to skip to the specific examples of how you can run heating systems from wood boiler stoves and the various ways in which you can link them in to heating systems. For everyone else I try here to give a basic understanding of heating systems in general and some of the terms that you are likely to come across. This is only designed to help you better understand this guide and is no substitute for the advice and guidance of a good heating engineer.
- Boiler stoves explained - What is a wood boiler stove anyway, and what does some of the jargon mean?
- Considerations to make when heating with wood - a few things to bear in mind if you will be heating your home with wood.
- What about pellet, chip and biomass boilers?
- We cover the basic theory of a central heating loop, how radiators are connected to the loop, and how they work.
- There are a few special requirements when installing a wood boiler stove to a central heating system.